Monday, August 16, 2010

Welcome!

Hi there, people who are most likely my friends and family, and welcome to my movie stash. Once I actually get the ball rolling here there will be content galore, but you will have to bare with me as it usually takes me a little bit to get going and find my groove.

The plan for this place goes as such:

I own a lot of movies. I like talking about movies, and it is a lot cheaper to write about movies I already own than it is to talk about movies in the theater and so I am gonna write about the ones I own. There will be no real rhyme or reason for the order of the movies I review because I don't think any sane person comes up with an order for how they are going to watch their movies, they just grab whatever fits their mood or the occasion. I haven't really figured out how I am going to write the reviews, but I can tell you that they will be entertaining (in some cases more so than the movie I am talking about) and informative.

Now I know that one issue that comes with reviewing movies that I already spent money on is that that might give the idea that I love every movie that I will be writing about. I cannot tell you how far from the truth that is. See I have a problem. I price tag shop for movies. I find cheap movies staring actors or actresses that I like without actually watching them. I am also a mass collector. If a sequel comes out for a movie that I own generally that means I have to also buy that sequel no matter how terrible that sequel (or original in some cases) is. It is a problem that leads to a very unique collection of movies that I am proud of despite it's strangeness.

I am gonna try and write at least one review a week, maybe two if you are lucky. Either way I hope you enjoy this little foray into the mind of a compulsive movie shopper.

No comments:

Post a Comment